Aug 25, 2013


As I sat in that white room last night, flipping through those thin sheets of paper, I realized something that will forever change my thoughts on you. Timing. It isn't mine. I can't decide who, or when, or even how. That's a decision for our higher power; the highest power. And suddenly the words from his Monday email made sense, "When it comes down to it, focusing on the present and having faith that the future will be bright is probably the best thing to do, but is much easier said than done. Do you think you'd be able to perfectly plan a future if you had the chance? If it were me, I think I would probably botch it somehow and would be better off letting God do his job. Cue the quote: "Come what may, and love it."

Because I don't know. This week gave me something I didn't have before: a template. I was in the presence of two incredible human beings for five days that, if nothing else, gave me a glimpse of what the highest power has in store for me. For the first time, I saw two men who were everything I could hope for. So I'll let God work out the timing and the person. I don't know what's best for me, but He does. He's looking out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment